donderdag 27 oktober 2011

The mystery of Irma Vep

Yesterday we had the assesment of our project which we worked on the last 2 months. I didn't sleep the night before yesterdag, but I finished everyting in time :D I made a stagemodel and costumes for most of the characters.

Impression made in photoshop
My concept was that my stage was actually a gamestage. My teacher gave me this idea after I made my testmodel. Everything was like too realistic, so it looked like a game. And I really liked that idea :D so I worked that out.

To make it look like a game everything had to be flat and the 3d effect must be made with shadows. I used photo's of a wall, doors, pantings and masks and edited these in photoshop. I added more shades and higlights and stuff. Only the wallpaper is fully made by me, it has wolf heads but then baroque like. The wolf plays a part in the story.

Test- and final model

Around the stage there where bars where several things could be shown to add some game elements. Like healthbars or text like 'one up', '+100exp'. For the beginning of the play and before the stagechange I made oldschool game beginscreens.

We had to make 2 stages. One of the the mansion 'Mandacrest', this is the main stage. But there is also a scene in the play which takes place in Egypt. One person must believe it is really a Egyptian tomb, but actually it is an old restaurant changed into 'the tomb of Pev Amri'. You can search for the play on the internet if your curious haha. But oke, in the picture the sarcophagus is missing, didn't finish that one. It's still a white clayblob.


To make the costumes game-like I wanted to make them also flat. All the details like folds and backstitches have to be painted on the fabric. To be able to show this I painted them as detailed as possible.
The faces I used are printed. I edited them in photoshop to make them more ugly :D All the characters are played by two male actors.


Here some more pictures of the stage with different light:

2 opmerkingen: